on reauthorizing the act he wrote/passed in 1994, the Violence Against Women Act. It expired last year. He is an AWESOME advocate.
It’s my opinion that not enough airtime has been given to Joe Biden and his ardent support of women, so I’ll give him some of my airtime!
Here’s a quote from this article, with the headline Biden: ‘War on Women’ is Real, Will Intensify: ‘ “Look, I have fought my whole career – I’m no hero, I don’t want to make it like… — whether it’s the Violence Against Women Act or equal pay. My entire career as a senator and the vice president is to get to one point: when my daughter is able to make whatever choice she wants and no one question it,” he said.’
In fact, Joe Biden’s senate office wrote the Violence Against Women Act, which was passed in 1994 under Bill Clinton. According to Wikipedia, the act provides the following:
- Community violence prevention programs
- Protections for victims who are evicted from their homes because of events related to domestic violence or stalking
- Funding for victim assistance services, like rape crisis centers and hotlines
- Programs to meet the needs of immigrant women and women of different races or ethnicities
- Programs and services for victims with disabilities
- Legal aid for survivors of violence
Who wouldn’t want that? Read this debate sponsored by the Huffington Post, and let me know what you think.